Roasted Curry Cauliflower Bisque
Serves: 4 Time: 55 minutes
- 1 head Foxy cauliflower, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Toss together cauliflower, onion, oil, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in preheated 400° oven, stirring once, for 25 to 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and golden brown. Cut a few florets into smaller pieces; set aside.
- In saucepan, bring broth and roasted cauliflower to boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until flavorful and cauliflower is very tender. Using immersion blender, purée until smooth. Stir in cream; return to simmer. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Divide among 4 soup bowls; garnish with reserved cauliflower and cilantro.