Open-Face Aspargus Breakfast Toast
- 1 bunch Foxy Organic asparagus (1 lb), trimmed
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 4 tsp butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded aged white Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, fried
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Bring large saucepan of water to boil; cook asparagus for about 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain; let cool slightly and pat dry.
- Spread bread with butter; top with asparagus and cheese. Place on foil-lined baking sheet; broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and asparagus is tender-crisp. Top with fried eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.
- Substitute Swiss or Fontina cheese for Cheddar cheese.
- Add slices of smoked turkey or ham to sandwiches if desired.